Tuesday, April 14, 2009

LESSONS FROM MAMA GENA

this new book I'm reading is really perfect for my life right now and it might be great for yours as well.. so i will just put a few quotes down

"Look around for the perfection in your life as it exists, in this moment"

"we are taught to work hard, study hard, and deprive ourselves. But who teaches us about pleasure?"

"all you have to do is look at a child and you will see the direct access we all have to pleasure. A child moves from one pleasurable thing to another, gets interrupted with a few tears, a distraction, then back to pleasure."

"I do not care if you clean toilets for a living or your husband beats you or you've never had an orgasm or you are blind or deaf or in a wheelchair. I don't care if you make millions and you hate yourself or you drink too much or you weigh three hundred pounds. You are my sister and you are a goddess. As such, you have the power to create the existence you want, no matter how bleak a life you are currently living."

Regena Thomashauer Mama Gena's School of Womanly Arts

3 comments:

  1. Keep em coming sis :) just added you to the scroll on wrenagade.blogspot.com

    I am currently re learning those lessons that i thought i already had been through i really like the second quote...and all of them. Have you read the power of Now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have not all of it I must admit, but i need to get back to it. I feel like those lessons are always something we need to remind ourselves of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep. so true i am re-learning the same lessons and trying to turn any mistakes that i make into blessings by learning from them...mad love keep writing keep inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete