Saturday, May 2, 2009

State of Play

GO See this movie if you are up for a intelligent suspenseful flik

I must say I'm surprised i saw this movie tonight with all the films that came out recently (obsessed...lol,soloist,wolverine). However I'm not surprised that people are sleeping on this pretty good film. The preview for State of Play did not draw me in at all McAdam did and the fact that my parents wanted to see it. I also think people like me are tired of seeing the same ol films. Recently I've only desired to see independent movies because I'm sick of the blockbusters and (am i really going to say it) the Seth Rogan comedies. I really respect want LOVE original story lines and I feel like State of Play did the job for me tonight. There were definatly unoriginal aspects...the good ol twist at the end and a few others I wont mention so i dont ruin the film for you....BUT I really enjoyed Russell Crowe's character and his relationship with Ben Affleck's. Rachel Mcadam is one of my favorite actresses so i indefinatly enjoyed her supporting role.
Russell Crowes plays a reporter whose college buddy Ben Affleck is negatively in the eye of the media. You may already see the conflict of interest for Russell Crowe who is trying to break a story surrounding the congressman Affleck plays. Thats all I'm gonna give you and for the record I really liked it I did not Love it.


favorite part
parking lot chase


Unfavorable part
the twist

No comments:

Post a Comment