Tuesday, April 28, 2009

LESSONS FROM MAMA GENA

"I can remember, at the age of six, being infuriated by the two-cookie limit my parents placed on my bedtime snack. To exact revenge and get my way, I stuffed my panties full of cookies, front and back and as I leaned over to kiss mums and dadums goodnight, I hoped they wouldn't notice my midriff bulge. What a feeding frenzy lay ahead!

It has taken me a lifetime to find my way to trusting my appetite. There was trial, there was error. I learned from my mistakes as much as my triumphs. Every time I dug down and followed my bliss, it led to the most fantastical adventures. when I sucked it in and compromised my true desires, I was stuck.

How Attuned Are You to Your Appetite Quiz?

1. If I were out to dinner on a date with a new guy
A. I would do a Scarlett O'Hara-eat at home first, so I could order a salad and water and therefore appear delicate and easy to maintain.

B. I would look at the menu, check out the prices, and order a midrange pasta dish so as not to press is budget.

C. I would give in to myself and order both the appetizers I want, the lobster entree, and have a bite of all three desserts that tickle my fancy.

2. When someone asks me what I want for a gift

A. My mind goes blank and I stare like a deer caught in the headlights.

B. I leave it up to the giver and say, "whatever you think."

C. I flash them my desire list and take them by the hand to Tiffany's to point out my favorite things.

3. When I think about my Job

A. I am close to tears. It's not that I am just indifferent, or uninterested in what I am doing. I despair of ever finding something I like.

B. It's a way to pay bills until I figure out what I want.

C. I am so grateful and thrilled to be doing what I am doing that I would actually pay to do what I am being paid to do

If you chose A: You are appetitophobic. There's no amount of "too little" that you won't accept. NO S.G can subsist on this diet.

I you chose B: You suspect there may be more to Life and yet you dont know how to go for it without appearing vulgar.

If C was your choice: You understand that the greatest gift you can give the world is a gratifed you. You are a true Sister Goddess!"

Mama Gena's School of Womanly Arts
Regena Thomashauer

No comments:

Post a Comment