Friday, May 15, 2009

Mos Def

Last night my good friend Kelly and I went to the Mos Def concert. This was the first time I had ever been to one of his shows. He Was Amazing! This was a different kind of amazing from like say the Brittney spears concert i went to last month or the Jay-z concert i went to three years ago.
When Mos came out on stage i remembered how a lot of people were really disappointed with his album New Danger because of how different it was I also remember loving it for that exact reason. I love when Artists aren't afraid to do something just because their Label gave them a label or society wants them a certain way.
Mos Def came out on stage and rocked it because he wanted to NOT because he had to, and it didn't matter if the audience was having a good time, he was thoroughly enjoying himself. There is such a different feeling you get from an artist like him than an artist who has been on tour for six months and is doing it because its part of the job or someone who is worried about the audience having fun.

I had a great time watching him have a good time, it didn't matter if i knew all the songs.
I am so inspired to be that way in life doing things because i want to do it and not because it pleases someone else.

moral of the story: do what makes you happy regardless of someone or thing else! lol
if you have a chance to see him in concert i highly recommend it!!

1 comment:

  1. I wish that you'd update.
    Looooooove,

    rachelle

    ReplyDelete